Join now - be part of our community!

McAfee claim that Sony Windows 8 Pro machines are not supported by McAfee

fairplay123

McAfee claim that Sony Windows 8 Pro machines are not supported by McAfee

Even though Sony is shipping out Windows 8 Pro machines with preinstalled trial versions of McAfee Internet Security, and which prompt for full subscription, accept credit card payments and as well appear to be working.

However, when problems are discovered and reported to McAfee they claim that Windows 8 Pro is not a supported platform and that it your fault for purchasing and installng McAfee Internet Security.  I spent hours with McAfee arguing the problem.  No go.

The problem, in a nutsehell, as that my new Duo 13 became more and more problematic including crashes etc I noticed that it was constantly asking for McAfee updates and system reboots.  I then searched the McAfee forums and foudn this was a very common problem. I thought they may be able to resolve this for me - but no they claim it is my fault for isntalling and purshcing McAfee Internet Security. In the meantime, I have noticed that the Duo 13 has lots of problems running applications that work fine on other Windows 8 Pro machines including Dell etc.

I have also reported to Sony today who are totally unaware of this.  Either McAfee were lying, or they are not. If they are not, how poor of Sony to isntall an unsupported application on their machine.  Either way Sony should cancel their contracts with McAfee.

My McAfee case references are: 1229507607 & 1229500576.

In the mean time I have wasted nearly 2,000/- pounds (over 3,000 USD) on an unreliable Sony machine, which seems to have degraded performance and no application stability.  I have called Sony and awaiting a call back. 

My McAfee case

0 REPLIES 0