Join now - be part of our community!

SonicStage Version 1.5AE does not work in Windows 7 64 bits

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alf.almeida
Visitor

SonicStage Version 1.5AE does not work in Windows 7 64 bits

I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 64 bits (a clean installation). I have installed SonicStage version 1.5AE from my original CD, but the program will not launch. At first it asked me to log in as administrator, which I am, as there is no other account. When I changed the  Compatability in Properties for SonicStage to run as Windows XP Servicepack 3, the start window appeared but did not progress any further and Windows warning said the program was not responding. Windows looked for a solution but did not find one.

Is there a version of SonicStage that will work with Windows 7, and if so, where can I download it from?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would try SonicStage CP 4.3 from here: -

http://download.cnet.com/SonicStage-CP/9241-2141_4-531415-1.html

Not everything works perfectly with Windows 7 64-bit but most things do.  There is a newer Version V but this does not support older players.

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would try SonicStage CP 4.3 from here: -

http://download.cnet.com/SonicStage-CP/9241-2141_4-531415-1.html

Not everything works perfectly with Windows 7 64-bit but most things do.  There is a newer Version V but this does not support older players.

:wink:

ukdeejay
New

I have lost the install CD for SonicStage. My MP3 player is an NWE005.

I followed this solution & despite downloading the software successfully, when I try to install it I receive an error box which says, "Data was unable to be retrieved from the server. Please check your Internet connection and try again. (21000)".

How can there be a connection problem when I have downloaded the software seconds earlier? I am also using Win7Pro 64-bit.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ukdeejay  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

What version of Sonic Stage are you trying to run now?

I'm not sure if its a driver problem as SS installs with a 32 bit driver.

From reading around the net though there may be a solution (but I haven't tested it)

with a modified driver.

Have a look at This thread.

Read it carefully though, along with any instructions for the 64bit NetMD driver in their downloads section.

Hope this helps.