Join now - be part of our community!

a57 as a body-only kit purchase in the UK?

profile.country.en_GB.title
balacau
Visitor

a57 as a body-only kit purchase in the UK?

I've seen the body-only kit for the a57 available on Amazon UK and one or two places overseas but not on the official Sony UK website itself which strikes me a bit as odd?  Unless they just haven't updated their website recently enough to include it in the products list?

My problem is that I am looking to upgrade from the a55 "1st generation SLT" to the a57.  As such, I already have the kit lens (18-55mm SAM zoom) and from what I see on eBay they don't really go for much so its probably more of a hassle to find a buyer than anything else!

I have considered the new 18-135mm kit option but at the moment I'm looking at a couple of Tamron or Sigma lenses anyway so would much rather go for the a57 body-only idea.

So does Sony officially offer this package (website not up to date) or is there an actual reason why they don't or won't?  All of the other currently produced SLT's are offered as such...so it strikes me as strange why the a57 isn't?

Best regards

Gavin

Message was edited by: balacau

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi balacau, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Most likely the case that that the website has yet to be updated, yes. I don't think there could be any reason why Sony aren't offering a body-only on the site.

You should be able to order from Sony over the phone @ local rate, on 0845 6000 124, if that's any help.

Cheers

Mick

balacau
Visitor

Hi Mick

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the reply.

I was wondering if its just the fact that the product (a57) was new and they just hadn't updated the site yet, however the a37 was released after the a57 and it is already available as a body-only option.

I'm lucky to have a Sony centre not too far from where I live in Newcastle so I'll just drop by and see if they can order one.  If they are being sold as body-only on Amazon UK then the option is available.  There isn't much point in getting a lens with it that I'll never use.  Now a Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 zoom is another matter entirely! :wink:

Thanks again.

Best regards

Gavin