Join now - be part of our community!

A6500 image unsupported or damaged

profile.country.GB.title
Hooper248
New

A6500 image unsupported or damaged

Hi everyone

I went on a wildlife photography day yesterday and took 1667 with my a6500, shooting in raw. I’ve tried uploading the images to lightroom and it comes up saying the last 300 or so images are unsupported or damaged. Ive tried uploading through the Sony playmemories and it comes up with an error and again will not upload these last photos. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated-I’m pulling my hair out with it and wish I had just stayed on jpeg! 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Hooper,

Welcome to the community.

You could try the tips for issues with the image database here and see if that helps. There may also be some other advice in the online support guide for your product here.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @Hooper248,

@Hooper248  wrote:

I’ve tried uploading the images to lightroom and it comes up saying the last 300 or so images are unsupported or damaged. Ive tried uploading through the Sony playmemories and it comes up with an error and again will not upload these last photos. 

well, your SD card may be faulty or, even worse, it could be one of those numerous fake cards, pretending to be e.g. a 128 GB card while in fact being a 64 GB (or less) card only. I'm afraid it could be the latter.

Which total file size do your successfully uploaded/copied files have? If the total size is e. g. more or less exactly a half/quarter/whatsoever of the supposed size of the card, the card might be a fake card.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
MickyS
New

Have you tried accessing the photos on a pc or laptop. To see if you can access them all.