Join now - be part of our community!

CASHBACK - how many give up trying ?

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

CASHBACK - how many give up trying ?

I purchased a Sony ECM-B10 microphone as it was technically what I needed - BUT I purchased over 30 days ago as it was ON OFFER WITH CASHBACK. After 30 days I TRIED to complete the cashback form. What a trial ! I get most of the way through and it asks for a photo of the serial number ! Where the heck is that on a microphone!  I get it from the dealer WEX [who were MOST helpful, Sony... learn from this!]. SO did I miss something or WHY not tell me at the start I need a photograph. If that need is explained there sorry but it's not CLEAR enough. Then as I can not photograph the serial number it suggests I ADD a photo of the item in my hand. Make this CLERAR from the start! 
Then it does not like the Titles on my images! Finally it does not accept my submission BECAUSE UNITED KINGDOM is highlighted in BLUE as an issue on the submission.... BUT I CAN NOT CHANGE THAT ! I've spent tens of thousands of UK pounds with Sony but get the distinct feeling that this form is faulty OR they are banking on a large percentage just giving up the will to live when applying, so it's money they save !

14 REPLIES 14
maxzoom
New

Well I just registered my claim with no problem. I knew photos were needed from reading about the scheme before I made my purchase. I was not surprised by the photo in the hand request because I read your post. Thanks for the heads-up, I think you should give it another go, don't let Sony deny you the money they promised.

Yes the whole system is bizarre, how many people will remember after 30 days, it all seems unnecessarily complicated.

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

Thanks for your info. I will try again, hopefully after I get a reply from Sony. The dealer did explain that most cashback schemes are the same, they only register your claim after the 30 fays to stop anyone claiming cashback and then returning the item within 30 days to claim a full refund. But in today's hi-tech world, surely you could claim straight away and then AUTOMATICALLY get the cashback when the retailers system shown no refund ? 
I'm still unsure if or where any serial number is shown on the ECM-B10 microphone or packaging.  Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey 

The serial number is a 7 digit number, you should find it on a white sticker along with the model, or you can find it on the box of the device.

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

Many thanks, the dealer WEX, did supply the Serial Number and YES that does appear on the white label on the BOX not on the Microphone BUT is a whole series of numbers on the white label on the box NONE of which are signposted as the Ser.no. ! I will try yet again. Having equipped myself with a copy of the correct receipt, a copy of the serial number and an image of the Microphone in my hand as I finally found out was possibly needed ?
NOT THE FIRST COMPLAIN ON SONY CASHBACK 😉 

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

FINALLY found the sticker UNDER the protruding head of the Microphone 😉 

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey

I'm glad that you've found the sticker. I always read the terms and conditions of the promotion first, so I can get an idea of what's required to get the cashback asap. The terms and conditions are found in the cashback claim website here: https://www.sony.co.uk/cashback/summer

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Hi and Thanks, but the principle concern is the fragility of the Sony cashback system, it has rejected .pdf doc and then accepted it, will not accept a .jpeg of any size even from it's own cameras... Requires a photo the "clearly shows" the serial number on a sticker about 20mm across. Did not "like" auto fill in responses, lit them in blue highlight,  and had to be manually overwritten, but United Kingdom stays blue, leading you to believe it has to be overwritten, but can not !
Advised Sony my details 2 days ago... I'll wait !   

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

In answer to CASHBACK - how many give up trying...... NOT ME !
Several messages of "helpful" advise, after the event but thank you anyway. I had already completed the overly complex system [which I understand is to stop fraud] and been "accepted" for the cashback with a promise it would be within 28 days of that. NO SUCH luck, there may be even more administrative webs to negotiate ! WHY have I NOT GOT MY CASHBACK it's not as though I'm new to Sony. I was a lone voice at local camera clubs for quite a while till I demonstrated why I had migrated to Sony from Minolta. SONY GET YOUR CASHBACK ACT TOGETHER - And yes I knoe I'm SHOUTING 😉  

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey keburto48, when did you get the email that you'll receive it after 28 days?