Join now - be part of our community!

CASHBACK - how many give up trying ?

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

CASHBACK - how many give up trying ?

I purchased a Sony ECM-B10 microphone as it was technically what I needed - BUT I purchased over 30 days ago as it was ON OFFER WITH CASHBACK. After 30 days I TRIED to complete the cashback form. What a trial ! I get most of the way through and it asks for a photo of the serial number ! Where the heck is that on a microphone!  I get it from the dealer WEX [who were MOST helpful, Sony... learn from this!]. SO did I miss something or WHY not tell me at the start I need a photograph. If that need is explained there sorry but it's not CLEAR enough. Then as I can not photograph the serial number it suggests I ADD a photo of the item in my hand. Make this CLERAR from the start! 
Then it does not like the Titles on my images! Finally it does not accept my submission BECAUSE UNITED KINGDOM is highlighted in BLUE as an issue on the submission.... BUT I CAN NOT CHANGE THAT ! I've spent tens of thousands of UK pounds with Sony but get the distinct feeling that this form is faulty OR they are banking on a large percentage just giving up the will to live when applying, so it's money they save !

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

Hi, 22/09 confirmed 25/09 I appreciate what you are saying but why the process is geared up to paying at the last minute, if at all. A waiting period to stop claimants returning goods for their money back AND a refund, but this was bought in JULY !  

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi,

Sometimes the cashback claims take longer than expected because they get loads of cashback claims at the same time to be validated. But you'll get your cashback sooner or later, as long as you've got the acceptance email.

profile.country.GB.title
keburto48
Explorer

Hi, yes thanks, but to keep being asked to verifying the same details, even though the claim has been accepted.
To get an eMail suggesting I had to wait 28 days from acceptance, and quoting the acceptance date which was ALREADY 35 days PAST is yet another failure. BEWARE any Sony Cashback, including the LATEST one if you expect to get  the cashback when advertised. This was bought I think in August 😉 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey keburto48, since you didn't get your cashback until now, I recommend escalating the case with Sony directly to make your case a priority, that should move things a bit. 

profile.country.GB.title
stew54
Explorer

Why do they do this cash back? I mean why not just sell the camera or whatever at the lower price in the first place or am I missing something?