Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Sony camera to gimble

profile.country.GB.title
JuliaMKC
New

Connecting Sony camera to gimble

Hello there, i´m looking for someone who is familiar with the DJI Ronin S gimble series and is willing to help me. A few years ago i bought the DJI Ronin S gimble but i could only connect it mechanically with my old camera. So i could only use it without ever connecting the camera via cable (the camera was just to old). However that´s not the problem. Recently I bought myself the Sony a7 III and I tried to connect it with the gimble. That´s where i encountered a problem. Every time i tried to connect them via cable the screen of the camera just started to flicker. I followed several Youtube instructions and changed the settings of the camera according to them but nothing seemed to help. I also tried different cables and since i was able to connect the camera to my computer it´s unlikely that the camera is causing the problem. It might be possible, that the port of the gimble is broken because i had never tried it before. But maybe someone encountered this problem before and is willing to help me.

Thanks in advance! - Julia

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @JuliaMKC 

If you have another camera that you can connect to the gimble using the cable and the same issue happened with it, then it could be an issue with the port