Join now - be part of our community!

for US only product?

profile.country.GB.title
jimmysmithson
Explorer

for US only product?

Hi 

I recently purchased the Sony SEL18135 from Jessops UK but on opening the box I noticed it had for US only on the box and not for UK only! 

Can a Sony Rep please tell me if this serial 1892284 is legit and I am clearly entitled to support in the UK if any issue occures with the lens.

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jimmysmithson
Explorer

Adding to my original questions

I have messaged Sony direct but not getting the answers I am asking for, I keep asking am I eligible for UK support for my products if any issues occur with any of the items I have purchased from Jessops in the UK. I have purchased 3 products 1 I know says for US only on the box when Jessops clearly state on their website they only sell UK products and no grey Imports. How hard is it for a Sony representative to clarify that my purchases are fine if and when anything occures with my products that I am entitled to be fixed or replaced with no charge within my warranty?

Now if Jessops have mis-sold me a product that doesn't fulfill any manufacturer warranty I should be entitled to return the product and ask for a full refund.

I don't want to post the serial numbers in here of all 3 products I purchased but I would like to message these to a moderator if that is ok so he can check if 2 of the other products are for UK only.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Jimmy, 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
jimmysmithson
Explorer

This is one of the replies I received from Sony support no straight answer which doesn't help me in the slightest

Dear Mr Smithson

Thank you for contacting Sony Support regarding your SEL18135 Lens.

With reference to your enquiry, there are several aspect to look at this matter.

From technical point of view, this Lens model is compatible with European Cameras.

From distribution perspective, if it is written to be used in USA only, this means that this lot was direct to the USA market, and having this product outside its region can cause a lot of concerns.

Finally, UK products will have the same sticker stating for UK use only for the same reasons mentioned above.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.   

Thank you for your inquiry.   

Yours sincerely,   

Hisham