Join now - be part of our community!

Nex-5 Wishlist for the next firmware update!

profile.country.sv_SE.title
jonasembring
Visitor

Nex-5 Wishlist for the next firmware update!

Hello Sony!!

Im actually addressing this directly to Sony as a wishlist for the next Nex-5 firmware update from v3 to v4. People can join this tread writing your special wishes for the next update. I guess there is no guarantee that Sony will listen. But I will try to get my voice heard.

Im working as a professional film director and still photographer. Im using my Nex-5 camera as a very good complement to my Nikon and professional film cameras Im working with. I am very satisfied with the Nex-5 camera and is actually planning on using it on a short professional documentary Im making. I only missing some small details in the new firmware update v3.

My wish list for firmware update v4:

- The possibillity to program button B or C for choosing AF, DMF or MF

- The possibillity to program button B or C for a PUSH AUTO button for the MF mode, as on several Sony videocameras. This would help A LOT in the workflow with both still photography and filming. In the film mode another solution may be really nice. That you could use the second step on the main trigger as a PUSH AUTO button in MF mode.

- The possibility to change where you set the focus (Center, multi etc) in the film mode.

- The possibility to over or under expose more that 2 steps on the expo compensating button. At least 3 steps or more.

- In the ISO AUTO mode, I would like to see on the display what ISO the camera are using. Or be able to program what ISO range the camera should work with.

My wish list for the camera in general.

- A solution for a long lasting battery. Maybe an external battery that you connect the same way as you connect the power cable.

Hope to get my wishes heard. Best regards / Jonas Embring, Sweden

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

50 REPLIES 50
profile.country.en_GB.title
pclayton
Visitor

It's been mentioned a few times, I'd like to see:

1) More braketing options - larger range rather than just 0.3 and 0.7EV and optionally more than 3 frames.

2) The IR controller should be able to trigger the shutter in braketing mode.

Regards,

Patrick

Message was edited by: pclayton

Message was edited by: pclayton