Join now - be part of our community!

Picture taken is offset by my DLSR-a200. I have to aim artificially low. Viewfinder probs too

profile.country.en_GB.title
brucecforbes
Visitor

Picture taken is offset by my DLSR-a200. I have to aim artificially low. Viewfinder probs too

I am forced to aim artifically low when takings pics. The LCD viewfinder doesnt show the view until after the picture is taken either, forcing me to aim through the lens only. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello brucecforbes - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If this is something that has suddenly started happening to you, it may be possible that the sensor or internal mechanisms of your camera have taken a knock or some other impact. If this is happening when different lenses are also attached, then the fault is occurring within the camera body and I would advise you to contact Sony Customer Services who will be able to advise you about repair options. Their contact details are in the following forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

If the camera is out of warranty and you are going to have to pay for a repair, bear in mind that there is nothing to stop you getting quotes (often without the obligation to go ahead with the repair) from other local camera repair centres. You may find that shopping around gets you the best deal if a repair is necessary.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

I do not exactly understand: The A200 does not feature a Live View on the LCD (like A300 etc)?!