Join now - be part of our community!

SLT-A58 flash gun/adapter/remote shutter release

SOLVED

SLT-A58 flash gun/adapter/remote shutter release

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from an A200 to an A58... Foolishly, I didn't check all the connectors and have found that the flash and shutter release for the A200 doing fit the A58...

Does anyone who if there are any coming out, as I noticed the A3000 has a similar set-up...

Regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bieomax

Hi Martin,

Yes Sony changed the flash shoe and the wired remote port on the A58, currently (although i'm not up on new flashes) there is the HVL-F60 flash which is on the new flash shoe, and the wired remote port is now based around USB, so if you look at the Accessories section on the sony page for your camera you can view all things available for your camera, of which there is a wired remote available.

Linky 

Kind Regards

Mark.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bieomax

Hi Martin,

Yes Sony changed the flash shoe and the wired remote port on the A58, currently (although i'm not up on new flashes) there is the HVL-F60 flash which is on the new flash shoe, and the wired remote port is now based around USB, so if you look at the Accessories section on the sony page for your camera you can view all things available for your camera, of which there is a wired remote available.

Linky 

Kind Regards

Mark.

the shutter release: £66??? i think not... that is extortionate... and the flashes aren't particularly cheap or meeting the specs i would expect for that money...

just have to bite the bullet and switch to another make...

Bieomax

i'd probably jsut give it some time until the third party producers release something.

if not i know the A58 works tethered (which i'll admit i'm a little jealous of)

so you can connect it to a pc and control settings and fire from that, so given time you may even be about to do that from a smart phone as someone will do an app or update a current tether app to comms with a sony camera.

also on the flash side of things i'm sure there is an option 'converter' which allows you to mount the older shoe to the new one (iirc a A99 shipped with one) again probably worth a little research.
profile.country.en_GB.title
paulhic
Explorer

Hi I just recieved my pixel remote shutter release for my sony a58 and it works a treat and only £7.99 on amazon. It took a while for them to come up with one but worth the wait. Delivered in 2 days.