Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A99 - My first road test

profile.country.en_GB.title
silawre
New

Sony A99 - My first road test

I have just got back from a long weekend in Polperro, Cornwall.  The trip was planned for two reasons, firstly it was my birthday on the 25th of this month and secondly it was the first opportunity to give my A99 a good workout.  The weather gave my plans a battering but floods aside I did manage to get in a days worth of photography with this amazing camera.

I have attached 5 photographs from the weekend, I hope you enjoy them, it is early days with the A99 but I am already very impressed with it.  It is so flexible and easy to use, it is allowing me to spend so much more time on my subject and not worrying about what the camera is doing.

Thank you Sony.

Kind regards

Si

12 REPLIES 12
silawre
New

Hi Brian,

Aside from a little post processing in LR adjusting the levels and curves it is as it was taken.  The lens used was Sony's 16-35mm F2.8 ZA.

Si

silawre
New

I took my A99 for a second test to my local nature discovery center along with my 70-400mm G and this is one of the keepers from the trip.  It is a joy to work with the camera and if I am honest it is making me think about my photography a lot me and work a lot harder.

_DSC0560-Edit.jpg

Si

Did you find a solution for noise! I have the same problem despite everyone raving about the noise. I cannot get mine abover 3200 without it being horrendous . I'm wondering if it's my settings or post editing or just the camera!!