Join now - be part of our community!

Sony after sales care? WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
woolgus
Visitor

Sony after sales care? WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

After killing my Alpha390 (my fault entirely!) I bought THREE Sony Alpha55's through Amazon.co.uk, the first two were returned with non-working batteries, Amazon could not have done anything better, the day after I mentioned the faulty battery (though at this time I thought it may have been the charger),Amazon had another camera at my door, this too was faulty and was returned. The third camera I bought through a seller on Amazon, a crowd of liars and charlatans who I believe are now out of business.

The third camera I ordered eventaully arrived, looking suspiciously non-new, with a north American charger,US warranty and an open box with no security seal! Guess what? THAT battery didn't work either, thankfully by this time the spare, third party,cheap batteries that I ordered had arrived and are currently working perfectly. After having a conversation via e-mail with sony support, I sent off the faulty battery - which never took one photograph!!

Imagine my surprise when I got a letter from Sony requesting payment for fixing the battery! After more e-mails to and from support explaining what had happened,and forwarding the sales recepit and delivery e-mails from AMAZON.CO.UK they returned the battery to me still not working.

The battery is now gone out with the garbage (I had advised Sony to dispose of the battery in their recycling bin as I don't have one for batteries) along with Sony's reputation, I for one would never buy so much as a pencil of them again and am in the process of advising my friends, family and forum associates of my experiences.

I do actually love the camera itself but if/when this camera dies, I will certainly be getting rid of my lenses, flash etc. and go with a Nikon system as I am in the process of advising everyone I know to do the same.

I don't suppose this post (or me) will last long on this forum, but if one person reads it and is forewarned of what to expect from Sony's After Sales Care experience, then my time has been well spent!

3 REPLIES 3
tetrapackage
Visitor

So far, my experience with Sony is fine. I haven't encountered anything like what you had, YET.. But anyway, thanks for posting your comment and hope anyone can be aware of it.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello woolgus - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I have noticed that your message has been escalated to Customer Support for their attention. I do not have any more information available at this time other than to assure you that your comments have been highighted to other members of staff at Sony;

Thanks,

Simon

woolgus
Visitor

Hi Simon,

I haven't heard anything from support yet, though that doesn't surprise me!!!

Not expecting anything from them, as I explained I have dumped the battery, so I can't see any purpose in being contacted in future,though even if they acknowledged my concerns and maybe put a less frustrating system in place for potential future Sony customers (which I no longer consider myself), I would consider that to be a successful outcome.

Regards.