Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Alpha 290 wireless remote problem.

SOLVED

Sony Alpha 290 wireless remote problem.

So i recently bought a wireless remote for my Sony Alpha 290 DSLR camera, which according to the Sony website is compatible with both types of wireless remote. However when i followed the tutorial to set up the wireless remote, i found that my camera had no enable remote function in its menu like most other alpha models do. I have performed a factory reset on my camera and checked for any firmware updates (which there is'nt because the 290 was withdrawn shortly after introduction).

So i'm puzzled what the issue is here.Is the information on the Sony website incorrect, or have i misunderstood something? I contacted the seller and they seemed adamant that it was compatible.

It seems like too much effort to have to go through technical support for a minor issue, so i thought i would post it hear and see if anyone else had any ideas. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

On an A290, you should press the left arrow button (next to the AF button) and the last item in the list is the remote item. The IR (infra red) port is "hidden" in the grip, so point towards the grip with your remote.

That should do the trick. :wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

On an A290, you should press the left arrow button (next to the AF button) and the last item in the list is the remote item. The IR (infra red) port is "hidden" in the grip, so point towards the grip with your remote.

That should do the trick. :wink:

Thanks a lot! I would have never guessed to find it on the advance mode selector, i was expecting it to be in the main menu like the a6000 models. At least its working now.