Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ICLE-RM3

profile.country.GB.title
Speedo1564
New

Sony ICLE-RM3

I have just spent 2 hours over 2 days trying to insatll the latest update (3.0). It is ridiculously complicated and obviosly designed by geeks for geeks. For a start I cannot find 2.0 although I have updated previously when emailed. I now cannot be bothered to try again. Utterly stupid and time-wasting.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Speedo1564
New

I forgot to mention, this is my third A7. But probably my last. I have owned over 20 Leica's over the last 50 years and despite being charged an extortionate amount of money will probably swap my RM III for a Leica Q2 as I tend only to use the Zeiss 35mm when travelling. I doubt very much that Sony UK keep a track on these posts so am not optimistic that I'll get a reaction.

profile.country.GB.title
CymmroCymmraeg
Explorer

I, too, found the 3.0 Firmware update messy but I did manage to downlaod it to my desktop. I then stored the download and installed as instructed but before connecting the camera. It took a long time but it has worked.

I, too, have been a Leica shooter for the past 30 years but was fed up waiting for my Q2 so I bought the A7R3 instead. Using a Metabones adapter I use my Leica lenses on the A7. The results with such a large sensor are very good indeed (if not very artistic).

profile.country.GB.title
Speedo1564
New

Thanks for your reply. I, too have finally managed to update the A7R3 and still feel the process is too long-winded. However I have decided to persevere with the Sony. With my original A7R I used both my suite of Leica lenses and also a couple of Hasselblad lenses which although unwieldy delivered some beautiful results, especially portraits. A couple of years ago the used value of both Leica and Hasselblad equipment leapt up so I sold the lot (including an original Black Paint M2 with Leicavit and 50mm Summilux).

Best wishes
Roger Putnam
edited [personal details removed]