Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to shot with 'multi' flash mode

profile.country.GB.title
ccsasin

Unable to shot with 'multi' flash mode

Hi,

So I have tried verious hardwear combinations and menue settings and yet have not been able to get Multi flash mode to work. I can use TTL, Manual and, Group flash menue settngs just fine.

So the gear i am having problems is 

Flash: HVL-F45RM & HVL-F60RM

Camera: ILCE-7RM3

I have tried both on camera and off camera solutions with no joy. Prefrably i would like a solution for off camera flash so also use the purpose built commander: FA-WCR1M.

I have played with both flash menues and in camera menue (Flash:1:11/14).

I can select multi flash mode but only when flash is set to 'WL OFF' which i dont know what this is and cant find it in the instruction book (google search 4-694-604-11(1) gb for .pdf), unable to get multi flash to work under the WL OFF setting either. If i then connect to 'on camera' the settings revert back to TTL automtically.  

... If i cant get this to work it will not be the end of the world as can take multi shot which will trigger multi flash and then can stack images together on the computer... Just saw the option to have multi flash on one shot and thought it worth exsperimenting with. 

Many thanks inadvance :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
ccsasin

Ha!.. as soon as i posted this i found the solution - needed to hold down 'test' button. Yes partly resolved but not really 😞 

Still reverts back to TTL if i connect flash to camera and no off camera solution either.