Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories Download Tool Crashing on same file at 12.1%

PlayMemories Download Tool Crashing on same file at 12.1%

Hi there

I've finally gotten around to downloading my PlayMemories photos. And I'm quite alarmed that the application keeps stopping at the same point each time I try to run it.

It gets to the point I've screenshotted, freezes, then closes and reopens and asks me to log in from the beginning again. I've noticed the file has a lot of % characters in the filename- maybe that's the problem?screenshot_20240124_222711_copy.png

EDIT: It seems it does work, I just need to rename the last file it downloaded before it crashed and delete the .tmp file created. There seems to be a bug deleting the .tmp files when there's a % character in the filename? Either way it's incredibly frustrating and tedious but at least I can attempt to download it all still, I just don't know how many files are named like this. As I'm going to have to log in every single file it happens with.

EDIT 2: It's worse than I thought. For some reason there are multiple, different photographs on Playmemories saved WITH THE SAME NAME, and the software is crashing when it tries to overwrite a photo IT HAS ALREADY DOWNLOADED. It's trying to download a bunch of different photos but named the same into the same folder. How did you design a piece of software so badly? I've been deleting the temp files when I should have been renaming them and changing themto .jpg I hope I haven't lost any good photos. And your software doesn't even let me re-download photos already downloaded.

0 REPLIES 0