Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback help

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
olive24
Explorer

Sony Cashback help

Hi, in January I purchased a ILCE-7M3G (ILCE-7M3 + SEL24105G) kit from the London Camera Exchange. I applied for the cashback in Feb, 2 weeks later I was sent in email stating they couldn't accept my claim as I sent the order confirmation and not invoice (my mistake!). On the same day I replied to that email with a picture of the sales receipt that came in the box with the camera. After almost another 2 weeks I sent customer service an email regarding the status of my claim and they replied with "With reference to your enquiry regarding Sony ILCE-7M3, we are sorry to learn that you did not receive an update regarding the claim. Kindly note that your claim is being validated now, and once the validation is done, you shall receive a confirmation email with the status of the claim." It has been 4 days since this email and I have still not heard back from them. I do not want to sound as if I am super impatient but after reading so many cases here with people having issues with not receiving their cashback I am a little worried! Is there anyway to know how long they will assess my claim? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey olive24, this is a user based forum, so to get such an update you need to contact Sony

Also, they, supposedly, emailed you with the timeline, it says when to expect a reply, I think it was 8 days for validation? Again, they'll be able to confirm that. 

I know for a fact that sometimes it takes longer, specially if the campaign was a success. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey olive24, this is a user based forum, so to get such an update you need to contact Sony

Also, they, supposedly, emailed you with the timeline, it says when to expect a reply, I think it was 8 days for validation? Again, they'll be able to confirm that. 

I know for a fact that sometimes it takes longer, specially if the campaign was a success.