Join now - be part of our community!

Terrible customer service from sony outlet store

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

Terrible customer service from sony outlet store

Paid a premium for next day delivery - then told (AFTER PAYING) can't deliver before 24th dec (the time the free service would deliver) and i am away.

Phoned customer services and was misled and lied to as i was told order would be cancelled there and then and i would get confirmation email

No confirmation email

Phoned again and told order cannot cancelled only 1 hour after placing order as it has "gone for dispatch"

Told I cannot be refunded cost of next day delivery

Two further emails unanswered after 24 hrs

email confirmation received with delivery details - CONSIGNMENT NUMBER MISSING SO I CANNOT TRACK ORDER.

Further email sent - unanswered

Terrible service, unprofessional and poor. 

WILL NEVER USE AGAIN

21 REPLIES 21
profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

Call back from a manager and told it would take well over a week for my credit card to be paid back.

I said that in light of the terrible errors made by his team an excepetion should be made and was told this could not happen as "the system does not work like that". I asked to speak to a senior manager and he said he was the manager and if i were to escalate the complaint i would get the same answer.

placed on hold for 5 minutes during call and not told why.

I asked for a copy of the complaints procedure - he said there wasn't one he would send me a link to customer services - he hasn't.

I asked why an oder for aTV was raised on my account with someone elses bank details on it - he said this was done in order to raise credit note and i should not have received the email with details and order confirmation - yet another mistake.

I honestly don't think he was very bothered which is pretty much what i expected really - deeply sad  - love sony products and to think of all the money the company puts into design and manufacture and marketing just to have customers alienated by customer services.

Can't believe the experience i have had, don't understand why i have been told blatant mistruths and so many errors made on a simple order for a pro camera lens???

Will be taking this forward to Sony HQ for senior management to look at as lessons need to be learnt from this.

In the meantime will sit and wait for my credit card to be refunded and hope that no further dreadful errors are made

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry you've had such a hard time with it. :slight_frown:

Its especially disappointing when you're looking forward to a new product.

The refund delay sadly isn't just Sony, I've had several refunds from other companys

take between five and seven days when I paid by card.

Fingers crossed all goes well :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

GUESS WHAT>?

This order was placed on 19th december 2013 - its now 2nd January 2015 - AND STILL NO REFUND.

APPALLED AND SICKENED BY SUCH BAD SERVICE SONY SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

NOW CHASING A REFUND VIA MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY

profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

Apologies meant to say 2014...............................

profile.country.GB.title
Themikatron

FINALLY GOT A REFUND CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT ON ORDER PLACED ON 19/12/2013

WROTE THIS EMAIL TO SONY OUTLET SALES TEAM

hello XXXXXXXX

i see from my credit card statement that my account has finally been refunded

02/01/2014 03/01/2014 SONY-CENTRES.CO.UK   £296.01 

I have to say that dealing with the sony outlet team has been a deeply frustrating and curious experience and there have been countless errors made on this order as you are well aware and i have spent time chasing this order day after day after day.

After this experience i doubt very much whether i will ever use the service again.

In the end i purchased a refurbished vario sonar lens from ebay (refurbished) for 270 pounds and it arrived the next day and it looks brand new. I was so pleased with this i went out and purchased a 30mm macro lens with the same company for 99 pounds - again - next day delivery - brand new but no box. 

I would have preferred to have given this money to sony as i enjoy your products.

all in this fiasco has cost your company 370 pounds plus the delivery charges - scale that up to other customers that have gone elsewhere and i've no doubt your sales team is costing sony rather a lot of money

Any way, hope you have a good year and you are able to make improvements to the service as i fear other customers like myself with be put off and take business elsewhere.
 XXXX XXXXXX
drasim
Explorer

I ordered a TV from Outlet on 26th October, had to cancel a couple of days later due to no longer being available for delivery and since neither received a TV or a refund.

We're talking nearly 3 months later.

I did however receive a credit note 10 days ago, but nothing has gone into the bank.  What a mess

Agree one goes round and round very inefficient good it had closed I was informed by them today.

Very inefficient. order would not go through get stuck online.

profile.country.GB.title
StokieChris

Had nothing but dead batting, unhelpfulness rudeness and downright obstruction from Sony and their agent Spatial audio and vision. All I wanted was some technical help but was made to feel worthless and an irritant. Oh well good job I only spent the small amount of £1999 plus installation ! 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @StokieChris 

What technical help did you need?

It may be that a forum member may know something that will help.

profile.country.GB.title
StokieChris

Thank you for your advice Jumpsuit it is welcome appreciated 

I have managed to cobble together the main items that were bothering me thanks but I just wanted to highlight the problems with Sony and their agent for the benefit of others before they become disillusioned as I did

Thanks again though Jumpsuit

Kindest  Regards