Join now - be part of our community!

Wf1000xm4 left bud battery dying

profile.country.GB.title
Gaggy75
Explorer

Wf1000xm4 left bud battery dying

• Can anyone advise me please.
  • I've had my Wf1000xm4 ear buds for 21 months now and have had no issues until a few weeks ago. The battery level of the left bud has drastically dropped compared to the right.
  • It only charges to 80% when it's been in the case for hours as well. There has been several occasions when it hasn't even charged.
  • Also it's quite warm after charging.
  • Now the warranty is up, but for £200 it's not acceptable. I have read this is a problem elsewhere, but what are my options.
  • I have tried the reset which has been suggested.
  • TIA
  • Steve
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Gaggy75 

Where did you purchase them from?

profile.country.GB.title
Gaggy75
Explorer

Hi. Was from a store called Richer sounds in November 2021 so not in warranty but I do not use an awful lot.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

Have you contacted Richer Sounds about this as they were the vendor?

They may try to redirect you to Sony but I believe the responsibility lies with them as they sold it to you.

I have the same problem!

profile.country.GB.title
Gaggy75
Explorer

Hi I will attempt to give them a ring to see what they suggest,  it inthink they will just get me to contact sony direct. From what I have seen elsewhere this is the fault since a particular update.

profile.country.GB.title
deltur
Explorer

I have a problem with my right ear bud, sudden battery drain. I lost 10% charge within 2 songs! and after half an hour it's dead. Bought in september 2021 for over £240 this is really bad. just been checking online and found this is a widespread problem since update late 2023. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @deltur, that's true, it's a common issue. Have you tried resetting and initializing the headphones?