Join now - be part of our community!

VPCSE2V9E/S

VPCSE2V9E/S

Hello!

I am running mentioned laptop with Windows 8 64 bit, installed by formating disk (without this VAIO updater). I am running with few problems about it. Let's start with simpliest one:

1. Camera not working - cannot install driver, because "device enumeration failed." Can You please fix Your download?

2. Very low disk speed (might be due to other issues, but I will post it): it is reaching only about 30mb/s. It is really pathetic speed for  a modern computer, which hold it even at most common tasks like internet browsing!

3. Intel HM67 Chipset is not getting properly installed after trying drivers for windows8&windows7. It states, that device still doesn't get proper drivers, even after successfull instalation and restart of computer. I guess issue of this is a little delay in even most common task like right clicking on desktop. It has to think a while, before it does it! And don't take me wrong, I know how to deal with computers. It is fresh installed Windows 8 with no other programs running same time. I am sorry my old e8500 (2008) is faster than that laptop. High end laptop (claimed).

4. HUB 3/4 ( don't remember right now) cannot be installed as well. It is unknown device - I guess it is camera. If not, what it is than?

5. Is there any way of making speed/stamina button working again on windows8 ? It will be quite important.

6. Any modified BIOS or any official BIOS that can manage CPU settings, like thermal points and voltages ( I am interested in undervolting this power hungry laptop) and also allowing managing fan speed? Please do not post it is not possible, beacause it is. People are doing it all over internet, all over Inside Bios. I would like to request such a bios than. I guess, You have enough of respect to customer, to do that.

Please don't come with really basic solutions, as I have already tried them. Also don't take me as a rager at Sony Vaio products, but fact is for the price the quality is poor, but still is good product, would be good for less money. Now is average. I am basically dissapointed, that laptop with quite fast i7 core 2 duo (sandy bridge) is way slower than e8500 core 2 duo from Woldfale. That doesn't basically means good things about Vaio. Anyway, here You have chance Vaio to rework my respect for Your company with excellent, I repeat excellent customer support. And let me explain what I mean by that: solution to each mentioned issue, including BIOS one. I would also like to ask You, forum experts and users to help me, as these issues are out of my capability of solving them alone. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

I also have additional question: What is a size and performance of fan mounted inside this laptop? I need it, as I will be wondering if it is worth to replace it.