Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.en_GB.title
mprmax
Visitor

Sony Alpha A65- "Camera Error" message

I was wondering how many people have experienced the "camera error" message on the A65. I am currently on my third A65 after the previous 2 cameras developed this error. In both cases the camera developed the error after about 4,000 shots and would then pretty much continously fail in every mode except Hi-Speed Continous shooting. In all other modes the camera would seem to take an age to close the shutter and then display the "Camera Error" message and completely freeze up.

Removing the battery and waiting half an hour had no effect,

the instructions for a hard reset had no effect,

using a different memory card had no effect

upgrading the firmware had no effect

As I'm now on my third camera I have completely lost confidence in this camera, I'm also absolutely convinced it's an issue with the firmware as it makes no sense that the only mode that will reliably work is the high speed continous shooting mode. When the camera works I absolutely love it, but I'm so fed up with it that I already contemplating what to replace it with when the third camera fails (and I fully expect the third camera to fail as well in about a months time).

Surely Sony can do better than this! I would very much like to hear from Sony as to what this error means.

Mike

Who Me Too'd this topic