Join now - be part of our community!

A330 and remote release

profile.country.GB.title
LisaP66
Explorer

A330 and remote release

I recently bought a used A330 and thought I'd found a remote release that would work with it (according to the seller on eBay) - a TX-1?

Can someone please advise if this should work as I can't get it to!  I can't see any IR sensor on the camera body or lens or am I just looking in the wrong place.....?

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @LisaP66, what is the full model name of the camera?

profile.country.GB.title
LisaP66
Explorer

Hi Piscie - it is an Alpha DSLR-A330

Piscie
Community Team

@LisaP66, according to the camera manual (Page 103), the RMT-DSLR1 is the compatible remote commander with this model

profile.country.GB.title
LisaP66
Explorer

Thanks, Piscie - I had already looked in the manual but found that the RMT-DSLR1 is discontinued and I was unable to locate a used one anywhere hence my buying the TX-1.

As it turns out the TX-1 will work with my camera but not with the kit lens, only with my 28-100 Minolta lens - not sure why but at least I can now use the remote release.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi LisaP66, who confirmed that the TX-1 is compatible? Or did you get it and test it already? 

profile.country.GB.title
LisaP66
Explorer

Hi HannahEd01 - I bought it a couple of weeks ago and have tried it with two different lenses (the kit 18-55 and a Minolta AF 28-100) - it doesn't work with the kit lens but does seemingly work with the Minolta lens (which I find a bit odd!)

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey LisaP66, that's great! I believe this is a very useful info for the community. Thanks for sharing.