Join now - be part of our community!

Alpha 33 and 55 availability (UK)

profile.country.en_GB.title
photoclubalpha
Visitor

Alpha 33 and 55 availability (UK)

After having an Alpha 55 on order since August 27th with Warehouse Express, yesterday I cancelled the order as they were now stating mid-November delivery. Jessop has the camera+18-55mm kit in stock, and has despatched my order for delivery today. I have had to settle for a slightly more expensive and less attractive deal - the WEX offer was for the body, one spare battery and 4GB 30MB/s SanDisk SD card for under £700, the Jessop deal is the kit with lens and no 'extras' for £749.

However, I realise that the 18-55mm lens is useful as it will allow me to sell my A550 body with a lens - the A55 is replacing the A550 in my lineup. I probably gain in the end.

Please post any news of availability in your own country or from other UK dealers. The 33 has been available for a short time already but the 55 with its built-n GPS was the only option for me.

David

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
stavrosky
New

having same problem, but spoke to Jessops they cut price to 687.00 not bought it yet hoping for friday delivery, i hope you like the camera i am new to this camera stuff so i thought buy this and join a club to use it. time will tell. if you have any tips on this camera would be gratefully recieved, i am off to India in November to do some Bird pictures would like any info on if to use a filter due to sun or anything else. thanks have a good weekend