Join now - be part of our community!

Alpha A1 firmware

Vesa61
New

Alpha A1 firmware

The A1 stated showing "system error " messages after the last two firmware updates. It was corrected by resetting it to factory settings but I think its a software bug related to Bluetooth or wifi setup. Every time I star reconfiguring those the issue reappear. This could also be hardware issue but at the moment The camera is working ok

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Just to clear the situation: have you tried to start pairing with a different device? (in case that your phone actually remember the camera, but the camera don't know the phone).
Usually "system error" on sony's cameras appear when an hardware (electrical or mechanical) part fail (the most famous on history of A7## are IBIS disalignement and shutter damage, but those are not your case).
Never heard "system error" of problem on RF module (wifi + bt), may be you have to contact support.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Vesa61, this error might be a sign of a hardware issue if it is this frequent. I would monitor the camera closely. It's also mentioned here: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2040/v1/en/contents/TP1000384961.html 

Try connecting by USB. I've had no problem doing it this way.