Join now - be part of our community!

Alpha7III

profile.country.RO.title
neluroman
New

Alpha7III

Hi to everyone

I am a beginner in using cameras, especially Sony cameras. Maybe that is why I am not able to solve a technical problem with this camera. Shortly, I cannot use the two  cards memory simultaneously. When I try to do that I get this message "Unable to read memory card slot 1 ( or 2). Reinsert the memory card slot 1 ( or 2)." In other words, I can use either slot 1 or slot 2 depending on in which slot I insert the first card. 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @neluroman  and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

It depends on what write settings you have at the moment.

Have a look at this video which should help :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
neluroman
New

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it very much. It is  very well to know that people you don't know try to help you. 

Thanks you once again. 

Coming back to my problem I have to say that I had solved it before you sent the video, still appreciate your help. The problem was that the card I put in slot 2 was not-readable by my camera. I replaced the card with another one and... surprise, surprise, everything looked fine- problem solved. 

With respect

Nelu Roman

profile.country.GB.title
Nederoski
Explorer

In the future, you do have the option in-camera on the A7iii to 'format' your cards, which resets them and will make them readable without having to swap out (bear in mind doing it this way will remove any data on the card at the time of format).