Join now - be part of our community!

Godox delay issues with A73 & A7r3 and Mc11/Canon glass .

profile.country.GB.title
AndyJazz
Explorer

Godox delay issues with A73 & A7r3 and Mc11/Canon glass .

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this issue with the Godox system.

When using the Godox v860ii or the Xt2 with a Mc11 & Canon lens, I am getting around a second and a half before the flash fires after pressing the shutter. It works fine with the Sony 85mm 1.8, so I'm wondering if it is a Mc11 issue.

Any help would be brilliant.

Many thanks,

Andy.

2 REPLIES 2
btdross
New

Hi Andy, I have the same issue with my EF lenses and the MC-11 anytime I'm using flash.  Only began after updating firmware.  Sigma tech support did finally write back and say something to the affect of "the MC-11 is only intended to be used with Sigma lenses with EF mount and no warranty for non-sigma lenses..."  What I find super frustrating is that it did work on both of my MC-11's before a firmware update.  

At least with flash or trigger attached, I've found that full aperture stops (2.8, 4, 5.6 etc.) it still works.  That's annoying to be locked into full stop aperture jumps/drops when trying to work with clients.  If you've found any solution, please share.

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Are you sure that you are testing sony and canon lens in the same situation?

Because I find that issue in all sony ‘s mirrorless, with any lens.

I don’t think that “godox” have a role in this issue.

For me the issue is in the management of sensor from sony’s camera.

The issue come out when there is a big difference between the liveview conditions and the shooting condition.

Tipical situation:

- very dark situation to be shot

- flash powered on, exposure settings in manual with a reasonable iso number

- when you see the scene in liveview the camera have to push up the sensor sensitivity, because have to show you the scene well exposed (also if the light is very poor)

- when you press to shot the picture, the camera have to reset all sensor parameters at the datas you have choose, in this transition it lost a big quantity of time (up to 2-3 seconds)

It’s terrible when happen, and I really can’t understand why is still present also in last cameras.

It’s easy to be replayed, and easy to be studied.

It’s the worst issue I’ve found in sony. I hate him.