Join now - be part of our community!

NEX Alpha owners: What is the best thing about your camera?

profile.country.en_GB.title
p4ult212
Contributor

NEX Alpha owners: What is the best thing about your camera?

We’d love to hear from you on what you love most about your NEX camera.  Maybe it’s the design or a specific feature of function. Whatever it is please do let us know what it is and what you like it.

Message was edited by: StartTheCar

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.it_IT.title
Paperoga63
Visitor

The image quality referred to the dimension and weight, surely, this year my A700 will stay at home during vacation :slight_smile:

Sam_e_p
New

The creativity people put into NEX, especially with the adapters to put previous lines of lenses on the new bodies. There are some really creative photo-albums online, where people have used 30 year old lenses.

profile.country.IT.title
fishhawk
New

Design, image quality, the ability to use my old Minolta Rokkor lenses on a digital camera.

I think Sony has made a slick trick establishing the smallest register distance for the E-mount: Nex cameras can mount any lens ever made :slight_smile:

ukextra
Visitor

I am a former staff press photographer and have recently purchased a NEX 5K. This camera is exceptional but why oh why doesn't it have a wide bracketing for HDR. Maybe a one stop setting would be better than the 0.7 it has now. Well yes I will continue to do my HDR photography on my Canon DSLR's and Photomatix software. I don't think it would be difficult to supply a firmware upgrade.

saffersteve
Visitor

Mirrorless / Peaking / Zoom assisted focusing / compatibility with Manual focus lens (Wide E mount with small Flange focal distance).

profile.country.nl_NL.title
robox3000
Visitor

My professional studio photography enabled me to segue into a very lucrative career, and I sold all of my equipment along with my studio.

After buying a NEX-5 to take on holiday, I fell in love again with photography. The design of the camera, the quality of images, the fantastic software and the ability to use great lenses in new, creative ways has renewed my imagination and interest again in photography.  I did not experience that with my Nikon, Canon or medium format equipment. The small size and brilliant results has brought back the enthusiasm for creating amazing images.

I realize that everyone has a long Christmas list of things they would like to see in the NEX line and I’m no exception and will certainly be exchanging my NEX-5 for the NEX-7, but having said that...

… you’re doing it right.

:smileygrin:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
mmaddock
Visitor

It just has to be size v image quality.  I can now carry around a body, 3 lenses, and two spare batteries in a tiny camera bag which would have taken a whole backpack with my dSLR gear, and I still get image quality equal (with the 5N - better in my opinion) to my Pro dSLR gear - amazing!

Since buying my NEX-5 I've sold my dSLR kit, upgraded to a 5N and keenly awaiting the arrival of my NEX-7 order!  My camera now goes with me *everywhere* and I hardly even notice I'm carrying it. Thank you Sony!!

andpix
Visitor

The small size and brilliant results has brought back the enthusiasm for creating amazing images.http://www.bosin.info/g.gif

tgidlow
Visitor

All the ingredients of design classic: A product that is driven 100% by delivering genuine benifits to the consumer. No awful retro design here.

Architect.