Join now - be part of our community!

SLT-A65 Freezes

profile.country.en_GB.title
mawrigh4875
Visitor

SLT-A65 Freezes

Hi all. I purchased the A65 in April and am mostly very happy with it but on a couple of occasions the camera has frozen and become unresponsive. Then twice yesterday the shutter released but was immediately followed by a " camera error " message on the screen. Now every time these " glitches " have occured a simple switch off pause and switch on has solved it but on a £750 piece of kit I dont want to be " re-booting " it every outher time I use it or miss that sweet shot because of an intermitant fault !

The firmware was updated as soon as I got the camera so I was wondering if any other A65 users had experienced similar issues or will I have to bite the bullet and send it back to Sony and be without a good camera for a few weeks ?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated !            :smileygrin:

11 REPLIES 11
cmog12
New

Any news on the cause? I have sent my A65 back to sony for the second time after it froze and began clicking, for the second time they have found no fault. I am really annoyed, trying to start an business and cancelling bookings cause of it! x

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello cmog12 :slight_smile:

As it stands, the latest update that I have is that there are members of the Technical Support Team at Sony who are aware of this forum thread and the similar one that I see you have posted on as well. If possible, could you please look up the job number or another identifying number for the repair and reply on here so that I can pass this information on to everyone who is keeping an eye on this developing thread.

Thanks,

Simon