Join now - be part of our community!

Small dust spec in SEL50F18 NEX lens

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
amit_jain_14
New

Small dust spec in SEL50F18 NEX lens

hello all,

finally managed to get my hands on the nex 50mm 1.8 for my nex 5. All is good except there is a small dust spec behind the front element.

I can live with it i guess but woul prefer if sony would replace the lens. Tried calling them on their support no. in my 15 min break at work and got through a guy who told me that the lens would need to be repaired. I asked how would he feel if had a new lens and if he was told to send it for repair on the first day. he then put me hold to speak to sales to confirm my order. after 10 mins i gave up and have to go back to work.

as soon as i went back at work, i had a missed call on both my mobile phones which i couldnt answer but no one bother to leave a voicemail. so not impressed with customer services but surely i should be able to return within distance selling regulations and order another one. i was just hoping sony would be more logical with it and just send me a replacement but its the same old call centre story with big companies.

any suggestions peeps?

Message was edited by: amit_jain_14

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
amit_jain_14
New

Hi Cass,

No I am still waiting for the courier. If you had read my remarks completely you would have noticed that I am trying to avoid calling the expensive no. again as this is something that should ve been sorted in one call.

Thanks for the effort of removing everyone's name from my posts though not much of help to me.

Thanks.

amit_jain_14
New

Just checked with my housemate, not courier arrived or missed collection cards. Will call the customer services again tomorrow morning.

Getting a bit tired of this now.

amit_jain_14
New

Great. Further update, the lens has now gone back out of stock. Hopefully my replacement order is still being reserved. Please Please Sony help!!!!

amit_jain_14
New

Called again, and told by a guy that City Link never booked the courier and they never arranged it for Monday. When asked why the reply was "They are not responding to our emails!"

Great service Sony. He then went on to assure me that he can gurantee the collection for tomorrow. I asked him how can he gurantee when I had the gurantee for Friday and then for Monday by a manager and that has still not happened! And his polite reply was "I cannot change the past, can I?"

I told him surely he can understand my doubts and rather than being rude and blunt be more emphathetic to which he replied "Emphathy won't get you anything". Also he refused to send me any email to confirm the conversation and said the delivery support will do this once the courier has been arranged. This is turning out great work here Sony. A simple replacement and seems to be such a big task. I am begining to think why I even bothered. Needless to say this is the last purchase ever from Sony website. I have got no high hopes for buying Sony products from somewhere else in the future either.

I have requested to speak to the manager. He did recognized the name as he is in the same office and he will be in at 10:45. I will wait till 11:30 and callback to speak to him if I don't hear anything back.

amit_jain_14
New

No Callback as expected, I have callled again to speak the before mentioned Customer Services Manager. Put on hold again and advised that he is busy and can callback before 2pm.

So another wait till 2pm now.....

Meanwhile I have now also emailed the above mentioned MD Escalation Officer as I believe I have tried enough to get this resolved without bothering him and they should know how hard it is to get a simple replacement sorted within their system.

My original order no. if anyone is kind enough to look into the matter is 302371678

amit_jain_14
New

Another email from Customer Service Information saying that a Sales Manager will callback before 2pm. Its 1:30 and still no call from Customer Services Manager or from the Sales Manager. So I am supposed to wait for these calls before I can get on with my life and do some work. umm...

amit_jain_14
New

Got the call just when I was heading to shower, missed the call and now calling back again and on hold for than 10mins waiting for someone to answer.

Ok so I spoke to someone and yet again am waiting for a callback in the next 10 -15 mins. So the shower, getting ready for work, breakfast can stay on hold......

amit_jain_14
New

Got the call from Customer Services Manager again, and now waiting for an email for the collection confirmation for tomorrow. And he has offered a refund for calls and also to chase up once the replacement has been dispatched. And to see if it can be replaced any sooner (before collection)

Don't know what is going to happen next though. Fingers crossed.

amit_jain_14
New

Had a call from the Manager again saying that courier is still not confirmed, I have now requested so that I can post the Lens back myself tomorrow and send him the tracking details and he will refund me for the postage and calls cost and hopefully get the replacement sent out.

amit_jain_14
New

I have now posted the lens myself using Special Delivery and am waiting for the replacement order which was put on hold for me (fingers crossed) to be dispatched.