Join now - be part of our community!

Windows XP HE SP3 can not find my A77

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
ersteff
New

Windows XP HE SP3 can not find my A77

I just changed my A700 with a new A77. I am editing video with Sony Vegas Pro9, and wanted to import the AVCHD files from my A77. Windows Explorer finds the SSD card, but when I try to open it I'm asked to format it. It says that the "disk is not formatted". I have installed The PMB software from the CD, but I can not open the files from there either.

On my second computer I'm running Windows 7, and it immediately recognized my A77 without any problems.

Is the problem related to the Windows version?

Anyone with the same experience who found a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ersteff - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This may be a driver issue with Windows XP as an older operating system and as such this is preventing the files from showing up in PMB and Windows Explorer. I would suggest picking up a standard memory card reader (I have noticed recently that they can be picked up from a well known store that sells everything for £1 - which shall remain nameless :smileyhappy:) and then seeing if Windows Explorer can view the files in XP. This step will eliminate any potential difficulties getting the camera hardware to be recognised in Windows XP and also you will find that the memory card reader comes in handy for any other devices that you have.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello ersteff - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

This may be a driver issue with Windows XP as an older operating system and as such this is preventing the files from showing up in PMB and Windows Explorer. I would suggest picking up a standard memory card reader (I have noticed recently that they can be picked up from a well known store that sells everything for £1 - which shall remain nameless :smileyhappy:) and then seeing if Windows Explorer can view the files in XP. This step will eliminate any potential difficulties getting the camera hardware to be recognised in Windows XP and also you will find that the memory card reader comes in handy for any other devices that you have.

Thanks,

Simon