Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
motty79
Explorer

That is what I always used to rely on, but with the latest SW and using the YouView Humax box and soundbar on ARC it doesn't always fix the lip sync issues unfortunately.  Very annoying.

rocdefrost
Explorer

HD channels finally work. I had to buy a new CI+ module.

I am still unable to install apps, tried everything posted on the web on this issue. Please help me out!

rdlowry

I tried doing a factory reset this morning on my KDL-43W755C to see if it solved the intermittent audio dropouts I'm experiencing with my HT-CT380 sound bar as suggested by @alellio01. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm going to see if my retailer (Richer Sounds) will accept a return of both the TV and sound bar as they don't seem to work at all well together. This is just one of my many problems I'm experiencing, several of the default apps (TvDoAction among others) stop working frequently and the interface seems to slow to a crawl over time. The TV and Sound bar were purchased in a bundle so one would assume they'd be 100% compatible. Do you think Richer Sounds will accept a return? I've had the TV for about 2 weeks and the sound bar since the weekend as it was out of stock when I purchased.

Lusse3
Explorer

We bought a 55x8505c and have firmwire 2287 and netflix works perfectly and so on. But HDD record is not enabled at all. I read that an earlier firmwire should've fixed that, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Anyone that got HDD record working? I don't even have a feature about it on the settings.

Also, the homescreen is annoying. I've disabled all the recommendations but now instead it just stays and spin "loading recommendations"

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

HDD recording is going to be enabled sometime later this year after october. Sony keep pushing it further and further away.

Lusse3
Explorer

how do you keep posted on stuff like this? 

rdlowry

Have a look here:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/more-features-coming-to-your-android-tv-soo...

(Dates are the same for all the Android based sets)
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@Lusse3 there is a guy called Nico Henderijckx ( user name @tweety2b ) he does his best to let people know what he can! 

andy144
Explorer

Hi

I too recently purchased an android sony tv (kdl50w-809CBU) with this sound bar.

I also get the cut out of sound now and then, and it is annoying. I assume there maybe some bug in the TV or sound bar.

What is also a annoying is the lack of sync it has with the TV volume. I want to limit the amount of remote controls not increase them. I have only used the optical connection but would be willing to try anything to get the sound bar linked to the TV to get it automatically turning on and adjusting with the existing TV volume control.

Is there any fixes to this problem yet?

Thanks

rdlowry

If you connect the soundbar via HDMI ARC you can take advantage of Bravia
Sync. This allows you to adjust soundbar volume with the TV remote. The
soundbar will also turn on and off with the TV. You can also change various
soundbar settings via the TV menus.