Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

Hello again everyone here on The Forums :slight_smile:

I have an Sony Bravia X83C. Does anybody know, as the model states that it supports bluetooth, how to pair earphones to the unit? :question: I have tried in vain with my Sony MDR's, they never pair.

The only way I can use my earphones is with the PS4 and its Gold 7.1 Wireless Headset.

It would be nice to be able to just pair bluetooth earphones to the set though. :ballon:

I will go and check out the Store's to see if there is like on the PlayStation Store, an App for the earphones, maybe that would do it. The google store and opera store here I come. :gift:

The manuals don't have that much in them that helps or is up to date and correct.

Loving the picture though. Still want to get 4K playing locally on it though. I have to look into the HEVC Container first though for a proper 4K film from USB 3.  :thinking:

The Samsungs UHD Starter pack, which unfortunately is encrypted so only Samsung TV's can play them, has 3 movies and dozens of documentarys in 4K at 500GB. So finally I can put all those hard drives I removed from devices and failed builds to good use. :laughing:

I looked into the Roku 4 box because of Plex, as it allows 4K streaming, and it should work here with our 4K set's in the UK. It's just going to take a while to download them, but at least that way I can keep a local copy for offline play. :ballon:

Does Netflix on our sets natively support 4K and 5.1 or not? :thinking:

As in good news though, I found out today that my set, the lowest in it's class, does still support HDR 4K, which is better than 4K. So at least its still future proof to a point. It's just getting the content here in the UK is impossible. (I know I shouldn't have, but I even searched the Piratebay, and yes they have around 4 films with the 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) resolution, but not the one I wanted which is "The Martian" in 4K)

Content such as films here in the UK is slim to say the best, and I'd gladly pay the difference if I could, but, alas that opportunity isn't afforded to me. :slight_frown:

One last thing before I go is that I also brought the Sony Touchpad Remote Control (RMF-TX100E) for another £100 to go with it and only use via voice control in the store. Really what I should have gone for and now will, heck my remote is even featured in the add for the new one is the Sony Huis universal remote

Sony unveils the Huis universal remote

I'm still considering getting the sub woofer to go with the set too, even if it's out of date the next day, :dizzy: because I like the set so much.

Kind regards :handshake:

Richard :cool:

Kind regards

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard

In regards to the bluetooth headphones - these are not supported on the TV.  The audio profile to enable bluetooth headphones has not been developed for these tvs yet.  However this has been mentioned to the correct teams with Sony as a feature that is requested.  

In regards to 4K discs like The Martian - Sony will announce sometime this year of its plans for a 4K blueray player.  There are many discs planned to be released on the 1 March http://www.blu-ray.com/4k/ (US) but sadly the release of the actual players are few and far between - Pannasonic being one of the first to sell them comercially.

Both Sky and BT will be launching 4K services in the UK soonish i believe -Google Sky Q Silver.

So it seems 2016 is the year 4K content may come to bloom.

In regards to the Sony Huis remote - Japan only i believe

Cheers

DarrellM
Explorer

I just had 2 engineers out from DBS Services Centre in Newcastle (2 hours from my house).

They had no information regarding my issue, no make or model of TV, nothing, nada, squat. The TV is bricked after the 2nd Feb update. I'm not the only one. Sony have had my fault details now for almost a month. I even sent Sony a youtube video since words did not seem to get through to the Sony support repesentatives, they kept asking the same basic questions... does the TV turn on?... etc.. . Two weeks ago Sony told me there was no point in sending an engineer out since it was not a hardware fault but a software fault. Now they send out Bill and Ben.  They did not have any idea what I was taking about when trying to explain the issue. They did not even turn the TV on. They said they'd have to take the TV away. They don't carry any parts in stock, would have to order them from Sony. They could not give me any kind of eta. I said not until I've spoken to Sony. They left.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I'm fed up with this quite frankly.

Now I'm fuming!!!! 

jadeee

My TV is being collected for return this Wednesday - hooray! no more Sony Android TV!!!! I may get a TV that will allow the channel to be changed or volume to be turned down every time rather than the lottery with the Sony Android - reset reset reset ....

I will now sign off from the Sony forum on Android TV's - all the best to all of you that are persevering with the TV I hope that one day Sony gets it working properly.

One question I would keep asking Sony is how long they are going to continue supporting the products - I could not get an answer out of them. Its normal for IT companies to state that they will support to a date and from then it goes into extended support for a certain amount of time, the extended support probably not having any updates.

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

@Anonymous

Did you watch the advert for the remote? I'm getting one, simple as that. :remote: :wave:

Japan only = eBay. No problems there.  :laughing:

Really looking forward to getting one to see what I cant do with it. I also helps that its all in English and not even in Japanese. :slight_smile:

I don't dislike the RMF-TX100E, but it's just not as good as my iPod Touch with RedEye. This new one by Sony even has Logitec shaking as it can do everything, including all the InfraRed and Bluetooth frequencies.

The software I'm after is the PlayStation Video 4K app, which is only available in the USA as it lets you just download the 4K video for offline viewing. I tried MediaGo on Windows 10 last night, but alas, yet again in vain, as it also cant access the Ultra Library. :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

UHD Blurays though, couldn't come soon enough. Apart from some 4K rips I've got from The Piratebay, there seems to be a complete and utter lack of content available. I'm quite used to making my own rips of Blurays and DVD's to go on my sever so I can access then via any of my devices, but this new UHD Bluray's encryption and its native codec HEVC with its retainers too, is going to take some getting my head around again. :thinking:

Thanks for the Reply, and a like has been given :smileyinfo:

Kind regards :handshake:

Richard :cool:

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Anonymous

Where can I buy this new remote?

image.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RiscOn

You cant yet.  Its a 2016 remote.

But a good place (though expensive) is http://www.4sony.co.uk - But you must wait :nauseated_face:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsebre

It does look good doesnt it.  As Sony is gearing their products slowly to home automation and lifestyle, then a proper universal remote is probably a must.  Also, the Japanese like their tech Toys.:smileycool:

I still want them to built a robot similar to Hondas Asimo :slight_smile:

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Same with Google Japanese Input which I have not understand why it is there. Is it necessary?

By the way, where is the Favorites button?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

@RiscOn

You cant yet.  Its a 2016 remote.

But a good place (though expensive) is http://www.4sony.co.uk - But you must wait :nauseated_face:

Thanks, bookmarked! I hate the flick remote and the normal one. Sony should really implement a remote like SkyQ has with a touchpad built in.