Join now - be part of our community!

49xe8004 enhanced HDMI?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
aston100
Explorer

49xe8004 enhanced HDMI?

Hi I am a bit confused by various posts on the internet regarding HDR on this TV.

I have a Virgin TiVo box (the latest 2018 small box) and a PS4.

Both of these devices will be used for 4k content (and HDR via Netflix UHD from the TiVo box).

Currently have the TiVo box in HDMI1; PS4 in HDMI4; a Home Cinema system in HDMI3 (ARC) and a Steam Link box in HDMI2.

I don't think I've adjusted anything since the Sony tech support team erroneously got me to factory reset the TV.

So, do I need to do anything at all like swapping devices/HDMI ports, or changing something to enhanced HDMI or anything else?

Like I say I'm confused due to mixed messages on the internet which may or may not relate to this model/year of TV.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@aston100wrote:

Both of these devices will be used for 4k content (and HDR via Netflix UHD from the TiVo box).

Currently have the TiVo box in HDMI1; PS4 in HDMI4; a Home Cinema system in HDMI3 (ARC) and a Steam Link box in HDMI2.

Only HDMI ports 2&3 should support 4K HDR. So I'd switch the TiVo box to HDMI 2. Then yes, you should have Enhanced HDMI enabled, like in this picture (sorry, in Italian):

Bravia_HDMI Advanced.png

Still, if it is only for Netflix you can use the TV's Netflix app. It usually works quite well (unless it decides to stop loading, but they are rare cases depending on the routers, it seems).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Aston, 

One of our community members may be able to help with a solution, but it might be best to contact the support team here for advice. 

Let me know how you get on 😎 

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@aston100wrote:

Only HDMI ports 2&3 should support 4K HDR. So I'd switch the TiVo box to HDMI 2. Then yes, you should have Enhanced HDMI enabled, like in this picture (sorry, in Italian):

Bravia_HDMI Advanced.png

Still, if it is only for Netflix you can use the TV's Netflix app. It usually works quite well (unless it decides to stop loading, but they are rare cases depending on the routers, it seems).