Join now - be part of our community!

75X850E won't power on after update

profile.country.GB.title
garlicfries
New

75X850E won't power on after update

Hello, I have purchased this TV about 2 years ago. Everything works fine until I updated 2 days ago. During the update, my TV reset a couple of times and then it just never turned back on. There was no power issue during the update. I tried many methods i found online ( hold power and volume - while plugging the power back on, etc etc) It simply won't power on, no indicator lights or anything. But when I plug in my USB powered LED backlit lights, it will light up, so I'm assuming the power is fine. I've been buying Sony TVs for many years and also recommend it to many family and friends. This is the first major problem i had with Sony TVs and it's very frustrating realizing how a simple software update broke my TV.

I have contacted Sony,but they wont help since I am out of warranty. They referred me to a authorized shop to have it repaired. I feel like it should be a simple fix, but I want to try to diagnose it myself before i spend money getting it fixed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It might be best to contact Sony support here. They will be able to help.

Best wishes,

M