Join now - be part of our community!

Add tv as a device to Google

profile.country.GB.title
MrsCEL
Explorer

Add tv as a device to Google

Hi

I want to install the Disney+ app onto our Sony Bravia, but Google doesn't recognise it as a device.

The Sony online guide shows different options to the ones we have, i.e. there's no 'accounts' option in the settings

Any ideas ? 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Which tv model do you have? if it is not an android one you won't be able to do nothing with Google features

profile.country.GB.title
MrsCEL
Explorer

I know it's a smart TV, but (sorry if I'm thick) don't know if that's the same as Android. I can play stuff from YouTube on the tv, via my phone

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately not, Sony has two main product lines: the lower one being based on a proprietary operating system Linux-based and the higher one based on Google' s Android TV platform. If you just write down the code of your tv starting with KDxx-AYNNNN (where xx is the dimension of the panel, A is the series, Y is a letter indicating the production year and NNNN is a four digit describing the subcategories) we may determine which O.S. you have

profile.country.GB.title
MrsCEL
Explorer

Thanks, it's KDL-42W829B

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So rather old and FullHD not 4k (this is the reason why you have an L after KD)...

No you can't do nothing with google apart the casting of youtube of which you are already aware. You may add up more smart functionalities by buying an external device such as Amazon firestick or Roku device for few pounds (Firestick supports Disney+, I do not know about Roku)

profile.country.GB.title
MrsCEL
Explorer

Ah ok, that's disappointing.

Thanks so much for your help, it's much appreciated 

Stay safe 🙂