Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon APP problems

profile.country.GB.title
Tecdiver911
Explorer

Amazon APP problems

I recently purchased a KD-43XE8077. Everything worked ok eccept the Amazon App. it would not connect cleanly. Either sound only, or frozen picture. It would only work properly once i had exited the app & restarted it. Following conversations with Sony in Cairo, their repair agents in uk & Currys Tec dept. i was advised to take the set beck for exchange. This i have done & the replacement set has the same problem! I have a full wifi signal on both 450GHz & 500GHz & have tried direct connection to the router via Ethernet cable but - the problem still exhists. All terrestial channels are ok, as are all other apps. The problem is only with Amazon.

Anyone else had the same problem?  suggest a solution? 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Every android tv shares the same Amazon app that is poorly implemented. Workaround is the bone you already pointed out: start a video stop it and restart: it would than play smoothly. The app should be updated with a better one in the next firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
Tecdiver911
Explorer

Thanks Rooobb,

Let's just hope you are right! You are the first person to have come up with any form of explanation!

A dissapointing and frustrating start with my first Sony.

Tecdiver911