Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Maybe it depends how the APK is installed. I always use Google Drive via ES File Explorer and just downloaded Now TV and Speedtest from APKs. They installed and play fine the same as they always do. And yes I have the Nougat update. 

profile.country.GB.title
Ricbro
Explorer

@Garymjhwrote:

Maybe it depends how the APK is installed. I always use Google Drive via ES File Explorer and just downloaded Now TV and Speedtest from APKs. They installed and play fine the same as they always do. And yes I have the Nougat update. 

Which APK did you use for now TV , I can get it to install but it just crashes after the nowtv splash screen

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@Ricbrowrote:

@Garymjhwrote:

Which APK did you use for now TV , I can get it to install but it just crashes after the nowtv splash screen

I think I got it from aptoide tv. But the now TV app is as flaky as hell on any platform. It's easier and better just to Chromecast it to the tv from a phone or tablet . Even that is a bit unreliable though. The best way to watch now tv is to pay a few quid (usually about eight) for a now tv box with an hdmi connection  

Small3y
Explorer

Anyone having issues on startup?

Everytime I put the 55X8005C into standby it does a full reboot (android screen).

Only started after this update, factory reset didnt help.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I have the exact same model TV and haven't had any such issues. All I can suggest is turning the TV off from the mains for half an hour or so then trying it again. 

profile.country.GB.title
cootsie88
Explorer

I too am replying to this so I can follow thread cheers 

@djmickey83wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm replying, because I want to follow this thread, too.

I realy hope that the first gen. Android TVs will also get the Nougat. Like the W8xxC series.

@djmickey83wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm replying, because I want to follow this thread, too.

I realy hope that the first gen. Android TVs will also get the Nougat. Like the W8xxC series.

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

I have a 2015 2K Android KDL43W809C

No mini TV for models with a C at the end ???

YouView is a complete waste of time except for catchup.

no recording or addons.

USB input use is the worst of ANY TV I have EVER owned that has had it.

Terrible, just abysmal. 

updates are extremely slow from Sony across its product lineup and

products do not share a unified interface of any kind.

No FreeSat HD

No Twin Tuners.

profile.country.GB.title
rdroos
Explorer

I was expecting Android 7 update for my Sony X8500D to include A2DP support so I can connect bluetooth headphones, but they still won't pair. Is this still not enabled? Seems ridiculous for a high end 2016 Sony TV...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Your TV will never get A2DP. This feature is reserved for some more recent Sony TVs in the above price range.

profile.country.ES.title
NoImNotSwedish

I own a KD-55X8905c

Since the Nougat update in Europe. This is what happened on my TV

Ukxxxxxw white screen 

Mondeo .. autoupdate  then stuck on .start screen. 

I uninstalled both these apps and tried to reinstall them.. x-plore to Dropbox.

The apps will not install..

I have tried other apps .nothing works

I want to do a hard reset but can't because I will lose my other sideload ed apps