Join now - be part of our community!

Android - Amazon 5.1 - Will this EVER be fixed?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Android - Amazon 5.1 - Will this EVER be fixed?

Amazon say it is Sony issue and vice versa. Will this ever be fixed, getting beyond the joke now with no updates since the TV came out!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RiscOn

Everytime i have enquired about this, i have been given a non-commital answer by Sony and that it is up to the individual owners of the app (i.e. Amazon).  Sorry that i have no other info.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi RiscOn

Everytime i have enquired about this, i have been given a non-commital answer by Sony and that it is up to the individual owners of the app (i.e. Amazon).  Sorry that i have no other info.

Cheers

Cheers, unacceptable by Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi RiscOn

Cheers

I have done some research, it appears the reason why it does not work is Sony is not allowing third party apps to pass through AAC audio which is what Amazon uses. The built in sony video app does do this. Could you ask again for me please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RiscOn and any others

I have enquired with Sony in regards to Amazon 5.1 - This has been escalated back to the engineers at Sony Japan for further investigation.  Unfortunately the exact cause is unknown.

If I hear any information in regards to this, ill post back.

Cheers

mickkj74
Explorer

This is really annoying that they are not solving this issue, I noticed that at christmas the support page listed a firmware update to address this on december 23rd but they have removed any sign of this update now.

I am holding out as I do not want to spend £79 on the uhd fire tv and then sony sort it.

It seems that sony brought android tv to the market before sorting out the bugs, constant restarts and  this sound issue would make me think twice before buying from sony again.