Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV X85C - Googlecast

SOLVED
thmoore59
Explorer

Android TV X85C - Googlecast

Hello,

i am trying to use googlecast on the TV from chome on my laptop, it manages to find the TV, then when i try to cast the connecttion goes, and i need to turn the TV on and off again to find the Device again!

i dont have an antivirus so i cant see it being that...

i am running windows 10

(is there anyother way of sending whats on my laptop to the TV (like a projector?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Screen mirroring is the most complicated thing I have ever come across, I can find add wireless device but the hole thing never works. I can cast my phone no problem it works every time. As for casting chrome browser from my laptop to the TV that works, but it's only casting the browser not my whole display. As long as you have added the chromecast extension to chrome browser (which is still in beta after how long?) , it seems to work fine. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
orangeyred

If you're talking about screen mirroring and your casting doesn't work then this will sould really unhelpful but plugging it in is the alternative.

thmoore59
Explorer

very glitchy tv.... started working

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Screen mirroring is the most complicated thing I have ever come across, I can find add wireless device but the hole thing never works. I can cast my phone no problem it works every time. As for casting chrome browser from my laptop to the TV that works, but it's only casting the browser not my whole display. As long as you have added the chromecast extension to chrome browser (which is still in beta after how long?) , it seems to work fine. 

thmoore59
Explorer

agree! glitchy

greatbritain1
Explorer

ive just returned my sony tv as we were sold it to stream from laptop to tv but screen mirroring didnt work.  sony rep has advised us that new 2015 sony tvs are android and that no laptops are android and so unable to stream. bought a samsung and its great and does exactly what i want:smileythumbsup: