Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia/Android keeps rebooting every 2-3 hours whilst in use

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
RobinPeter
Explorer

Bravia/Android keeps rebooting every 2-3 hours whilst in use

Hello All,

I have searched for this subject with no success?

My 10 month old Bravia Android (KD43XH8096BU) keeps rebooting/restarting every 2 or 3 hours

whilst we are using it? 

Is it a problem since a update? Has anyone else experienced the same?

Sometimes the volume stops working too & I have to unplug it(TV) for a minute to get it back!!

What are the recomendations for curing it? 

Thanx in advance folks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

Do a soft reboot via the remote control and make sure your FirmWare is up to date. Also, put update to automatic if you are connected to the internet.

Per

Sony Support

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Try two simple things first, brand new batteries in the remote and a factory reset. It could be spurious output from the remote or a third party app causing the problem. Fingers crossed either of those fixed it. 

profile.country.GB.title
ExpatScot

Not for me - persists after resetting.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Same Model? If so contact Sony Support

profile.country.GB.title
RobinPeter
Explorer

Eskimosony.

I have tried a power reset  with the remote control & thought it had cleared it, but I'm not so sure?

Of course it means being in the room to see it happen & that isn't always possible!!

Have you the contact details for the Sony Support you suggest please?

Thank-you

profile.country.GB.title
RobinPeter
Explorer

Thank-you so much. I have done a few of the suggestions on there now and will wait and see if they work during viewings in the next few days!!

Thank-you again.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Ace, Robin if it fixes it be sure to come back and tell us and mark the solution for other users👍

profile.country.GB.title
SimboSims
Explorer

My Bravia has exactly the same problem - pure random event and can't replicate. Back to John Lewis service centre who changed the mainboard and it rebooted twice on restarting with latest firmware. AV forums tend to think it's a firmware problem as it is a common event since its release and can only be fixed with a new firmware whenever it will be available. 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Good luck with that firmware update...it's 1x a year if you are lucky...