Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia XG95 (2019) How do I stop a recording?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

Bravia XG95 (2019) How do I stop a recording?

I’m new to the community and this is my first post.

I was compelled to join as I couldn’t find answers to my questions anywhere else on the web.

Took delivery of a new Bravia 55” XG95 yesterday.

I set up the external SSD HDD for recording via USB. 

All fine so far EXCEPT cannot STOP a recording in progress. 

Does ANYONE know if this can be done and how?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

After much frustration I finally found the solution myself. Here it is to prevent anyone else getting grey hairs:

1. Guide list (programme schedule)

2. Red button on remote (square one which shows “Go to top”)

3. Select “Tools” from top menu (three white lines with “Tools”) on far left

4. Select “Timer list” from menu

5. Select the programme you want to cancel

6. Select the rubbish bin icon on the right of the programme and select “delete”

For one thing, naming the red option button ‘go to top’ is very misleading as you think it would simply take you to the top of the schedule listings. Perhaps Sony should rename it ‘Menu’. I wonder if ‘lost in translation’ is a factor here. 

In the absence of ANY clear instructions for this model TV, how to cancel a recording is not that easy to find. I’ve also yet to find any instruction on functions for the new style remote control which came with this TV. Most is self explanatory, but not all. The documentation which came with my TV shows diagrams of an older remote with different buttons! 

I did come across reference to Timer list somewhere on the web but thought it was a different term for Record List. There is a Record List button on the remote.

I hope this is clear and will help others.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

I meant to say recording using SSD HDD via a USB cable just to avoid any confusion.

profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

After much frustration I finally found the solution myself. Here it is to prevent anyone else getting grey hairs:

1. Guide list (programme schedule)

2. Red button on remote (square one which shows “Go to top”)

3. Select “Tools” from top menu (three white lines with “Tools”) on far left

4. Select “Timer list” from menu

5. Select the programme you want to cancel

6. Select the rubbish bin icon on the right of the programme and select “delete”

For one thing, naming the red option button ‘go to top’ is very misleading as you think it would simply take you to the top of the schedule listings. Perhaps Sony should rename it ‘Menu’. I wonder if ‘lost in translation’ is a factor here. 

In the absence of ANY clear instructions for this model TV, how to cancel a recording is not that easy to find. I’ve also yet to find any instruction on functions for the new style remote control which came with this TV. Most is self explanatory, but not all. The documentation which came with my TV shows diagrams of an older remote with different buttons! 

I did come across reference to Timer list somewhere on the web but thought it was a different term for Record List. There is a Record List button on the remote.

I hope this is clear and will help others.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

BTW pushing the stop button on the channel the has been under recording should stop it. At least it does on my A1

profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

My remote does not have a stop button. 

Bravia XG95 (2019) remoteBravia XG95 (2019) remote

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So you can't...on my tv there is stop command also in the action menu but afaik on newer model there is no more action menu too ...