Join now - be part of our community!

Can no longer watch Netflix.

Angelafisher
Explorer

Can no longer watch Netflix.

so the past two days my Netflix has been playing up. Initially I thought it was poor connection on my wifi but after checking and disconnecting it all it seems to be an issue with my tv. Model KD55S8005CBU. 

I have checked connection and it shows as excellent strength etc but as soon as I press the Netflix button it does again. 

I have managed to play Netflix through my Xbox so I know it must be the tv. 

All worked fine until Monday 22nd January 2016. 

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Johny3
Explorer

Once i have this problem my NetFlix, i have reinstalled it with my TV and it works for me.  Have you tried it with your TV??

GeraldDemartini
Explorer

The simple solution for this problem will be reinstallation of Netflix. If it does not help you, update your problem.

WilliamHill
Explorer

Yeah, you need to re install it, that is the prominent solution of your  problem. 

Angelafisher
Explorer

Hi. It didn't fix the problem. Now I check connection and get this error. But my wifi is absolutely fine on Xbox and laptop etc. image.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It seems that your TV is not seeing the wider internet.

Can you try reboiting your router?  If that still fails, can you test using an ethernet cable from the router to your tv and change network settings to wired?

Cheers

Angelafisher
Explorer

I rebooted my router but it did not make a difference.  As mentioned above everything else in the house is also working fine with the Internet (my Xbox my iPad and my wifi lights up and downstairs)

I don't have an Ethernet cable long enough to go from my hall to the far end of my livingroom. I should not need to have cables laying around when the tv is meant to be wireless compatible.   Has nobody else had this problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angela

Can you confirm you have the latest firmware installed?  If you are in the UK, version should be: PKG3.179.0100EUA

If so, can you perform a factory reset, instructions HERE

To me, it seems the TV is not seeing your router - wireless issue.  But lets take one step at a time.

Cheers

Angelafisher
Explorer

The factory reset seems to have world. I will wait for a couple of days to make sure it's ok before I put that as the solution. 

Thanks for your help 

Spoiler
Spoiler
:slight_smile:
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - fingers crossed :thumbsup: