Join now - be part of our community!

cast to device not working

SOLVED
profile.country.SI.title
kristjanj
Explorer

cast to device not working

Hey there Ive seen that there was an issue here, but I didnt see any solutions. So, I have paroblem with windows 10 cast to device feature. It used to work just fine, but it stopped working. I was casting from my Dell laptop to my Sony bravia KD-55XD8005. I have another tv in my bedroom and casting work just fine on that tv. So I think the problem is with Sony bravia. Any suggestions.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Than you are using wmp DLNA features...

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

mmm there could be some incompatibility also on wmp that may be got updated by microsoft... Have you tried to remove the Sony device on your pc and recreate it?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try to reboot Android TV by keeping pressed Power/OFF on remote.

profile.country.SI.title
kristjanj
Explorer

I did that, stil the same, I also did a hard reset on the tv and the problem still persist.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What do you mean by casting on Windows 10? Are you use Windows project feature (using miracast) or Chrome desktop casting?

profile.country.SI.title
kristjanj
Explorer

No, none of that. Its a completelly different feature. The devices only need to be on the same wifi network. Than if you have a song in your file, you just right click on it and you can find cast to device feature. It needs to show you smart tvs that are in the same network.Annotation 2020-03-23 210922.png

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Than you are using wmp DLNA features...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

in this case just try the opposite opening the app (i.e. music) on the tv and choose the file from your wmp server. Just to check that is working

profile.country.SI.title
kristjanj
Explorer

Yes I am. The case is that everything is enabled on wmp. Because its working on one tv, but not on Sony. Thats what anoys me :grin:

profile.country.SI.title
kristjanj
Explorer

That is working fine

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

mmm there could be some incompatibility also on wmp that may be got updated by microsoft... Have you tried to remove the Sony device on your pc and recreate it?