Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware improvements: 4K SBS 3D support & Input message length

profile.country.FI.title
Danmot
Explorer

Firmware improvements: 4K SBS 3D support & Input message length

Hello, I'm using the X8505C TV with the latest firmware.

It's a great TV but I suggest 2 firmware improvements:

1 ) Please add the Side-by-Side (SBS) 3D support for 4K & 1080p/100Hz resolutions. Currently it works at up to 1080p/60Hz.

2 ) Please allow us to adjust the length of the source/input message (e.g. "HDMI 1, 1080p60, Screen format: Full"). Currently it lasts for 5 seconds when changing input or resolution, which is a bit too long for PC usage.

EDIT: You can disable this message in HOME-Settings-TV-Channel setup-Info banner-Off.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to 3D SBS @4K - this also was requested on the US forums:

https://www.community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/Side-by-Side-3D-support-4K-resolution/m-p/559252

In regards to length of source/input message - I cannot see that ever changing im afraid.  However it goes on numbers, if there is a massive call for it, then the cost of development can be justified compaired to just a handful (if you see what i mean).

Cheers

profile.country.FI.title
Danmot
Explorer

Thanks for the fast reply, Quinnicus.

There's already the Settings - Timers submenu, a developer could add the feature in the blink of an eye.

(I have a developer background myself, just don't have the source :wink:

The default length would be fine if the message itself were a little less obtrusive.

Also I guess the message could be disabled altogether if it's one of the numerous running system apps, by force closing the said app/disabling the notification. But I think it's part of the Android System app.