Join now - be part of our community!

Free 4k Movie offer Google Movies and TV App

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Burg16
Explorer

Free 4k Movie offer Google Movies and TV App

Have a new Sony Bravia TV - 49XE8396.  But am having difficulty finding the Free Google Movie offer - the offer is not showing on the Google Movie bar on the left of the screen.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @romipat

Have you already set up a payment method to your Google account?

If so has it tried to charge you?

If not I believe this is just a step before being able to continue and claim the free movie.

We haven't seen any members complaining that they have been charged so far :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Burg16
Explorer

Hi - the free movie finally appeared on the Google Movies app on the TV. I went and picked a movie and ran it last night. I followed a previous post and selected BUY this movie option. (hope I don't get charged for it !!).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
romipat

I can't  get the free movie on my  new  xe 9305 either there is a tile on my homescren for it  but selecting it  just sems to  letm e view thew  terms and conditions  without letting me select to agree to them  it also   directs me to the   google play movies and tv app and says  to select a  4 k movie but all of  them require a payment  no free one availabe ???

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @romipat

Have you already set up a payment method to your Google account?

If so has it tried to charge you?

If not I believe this is just a step before being able to continue and claim the free movie.

We haven't seen any members complaining that they have been charged so far :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

thanks Jumpsuit

No I  havent set up  a  payment method as  i wasnt planning to buy  any apps. I justfigured therewould be an option to select a movie and that it  would recognise that my  tv  was registered and let me  play it.

profile.country.GB.title
Burg16
Explorer

Hi - the free movie finally appeared on the Google Movies app on the TV. I went and picked a movie and ran it last night. I followed a previous post and selected BUY this movie option. (hope I don't get charged for it !!).

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

thanks for confirming that. I too was  worried that it would charge me.

I have to  say its very dd thatt they are offering  us a free movie  and  yet havent  automated the process and require us to  select a  purchase  option, surly  providing us with an offer cpdewould have  been  easier and less confusing for customers? Just a thought Sony.