Join now - be part of our community!

HDCP problem

profile.country.GB.title
berni123art
Explorer

HDCP problem

Recently purchased 4k TV- KD49XE8396.  Set it all up, connecting to sky HD+ box, DVD player and Now TV box.  All worked perfectly for about 4 days.  Then Sky went to blue screen and message that HCDP not supported.  Tried all the advice I could find - changing cables, unplugging everything for 5 minutes and then turning on again ( did this a few times).  Nothing worked.  Changed Sky from this port (HDMI 1) to another and it is working great again. However,  cannot connect anything else either  in HDMI 1 without displaying the HCDP incompatibility message, suggesting not sky box problem.  Not a problem now, but worried that may recur in other ports at some point.  Really grateful for any advice anyone has -not very knowledgable in this field and although found out what HCDP is and some things to try, finding it a bit confusing.  Really, really appreciate any ideas - thanks !

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hold the On/Standby Button on the remote down for five seconds or more, and the TV will reboot.

if this does not solve it, find Factory Reset in the Settings, and do that.

Then come back and report how you got on, successful or otherwise.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
berni123art
Explorer

Away from home at present but will definitely try your suggestions and relay how it went once I'm back.  Just wanted to respond in the meantime to thank you for taking the trouble to reply - really grateful.  Thank you.

I had this problem with my new TV as well. I fould a newer software update here on this site, and since updating the problem seems to be fixed.

I have a KDL-49WE753 with a PS4 and Sky+HD connected. I updated the TV to v8.233 and so far (less than 24hrs) the problem hasn't come up again.