Join now - be part of our community!

How to Change channel settings

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

How to Change channel settings

Hello, How can i change the order of which my channels are in please?, mob app not working its saying not allowed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Thats a lot more information than in your first post all of which would have helped in my reply to you

as you had already tried the things I had suggested, it would have been good to know.

Which update did you install recently that you think caused this problem, and if it is the updates fault there is probably very little you can do until Sony resolves the issue with a further update.

You still haven't told us which model of TV it is.

Try taking the satellite cable out and doing a Channel search, see if that clears the list, then plug in again and retune.

Have you at anytime during your exertions restarted the TV or powered it down and unplugged it.

Restarted it to see if this  makes any difference.

Failing all that I think a Factory reset is the only course of action.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

What model of Sony TV do you have, it may help in getting a more precise answer as different models have different Settings menus.

On my Sony XR42A90K you can change the Channel order by going to 

Settings (remote control)> Settings (onscreen)> Channels & Inputs> Channels> Channel list edit.

Your TV may have a similar path to the Channel list edit feature.

An alternative to that is to use Sonys Channel Editor app which is available here,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/xr-42a90k/downlo...

The app can be downloaded to your computer. Most Sony TVs I believe have a feature where you can transfer the Channel list to a USB stick, transfer that to your computer and use the app to re order the Channel list or delete channels if wanted. You then save the new Channel list to the USB and then transfer it to the TV.

Again go into your Settings menu and Channels & Inputs> Channels> Digital channel list transfer.

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Hello thanks for replly

now these methods all worked in the past, no problem, but now no method works at all.

I used a 3rd party app in the past called channel sort from github, always worked fine.

The mobile app connects but wont let me see the channels or move them and it says re-arranging channels is not allowed by my provider(freesat),  The pc version of the app allows you to load the saved sdb file and rearrange the channels, but when you save it in order, then reload, the channels are back(all over the place) as they were before you started.  Channel sort from git is similar, it will let me load the sdb, rearrange the channels and save it, it even goes through the motions, usb into tv, import sdb overwriting current one then restarts tv, and guess what, no change, back to as you were.

I dont get it, Everything has been perfect for over a year nor, Suddenly Sony release an update in June and this happens, I am so Sick and Tired of Sony messing with stuff and making things worse, its frustrating because its obvious the update is what is the cause of this, i cant even watch it, channels are everywhere and ive got to scroll for ages to find stuff in the epg, they certainly arent in the order that freesat have them anyway.

So for the next question, "How can i delete all channels stored on the tv, totally remove them, so i can then do a new freesat channel scan??"

I ask because in the past ive just done new freesat channel scans and stored them and its like it hasnt overwritten the old channels but added an extra list, this really slowed down my tv to the point where i had to factory reset the tv and set it all up from scratch, and i reallllly dont want to do all that again.

Im sooo frustrated with this tv.

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

By the way, it is a KD-65X89K

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Thats a lot more information than in your first post all of which would have helped in my reply to you

as you had already tried the things I had suggested, it would have been good to know.

Which update did you install recently that you think caused this problem, and if it is the updates fault there is probably very little you can do until Sony resolves the issue with a further update.

You still haven't told us which model of TV it is.

Try taking the satellite cable out and doing a Channel search, see if that clears the list, then plug in again and retune.

Have you at anytime during your exertions restarted the TV or powered it down and unplugged it.

Restarted it to see if this  makes any difference.

Failing all that I think a Factory reset is the only course of action.

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

KD65X89K

Hi sorry, i actually tried to post last night with all the info you required, However for some reason admin kept marking it as spam, i did put a complaint in but heard nothing back, i literally had to post with minimum details for the post to be accepted, which i dont get, ive been a member quite a while, very odd.

But good idea i will try a retune with no sat dish connected and yes i have done the reset trick and also unplugged and replugged no difference, also the update was V6.7546, 26th June.  i can only think thats what caused it because it was all fine until then and of course its not going to be freesat, would make no sense if they blocked people from altering channel positions to their satisfaction.

Ok watching a movie at moment then i will try a retune and see how i get on.

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Thanks for the help, the retune trick worked, all sorted now, havent tried to reposition any yet but at least they are now back in official freesat order, not sure i want to mess lol.

Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Although I have a different model of Sony TV (XR-42A90K) it is running the same software version as your TV

v6.7546. I have used the TVs own Channel list edit setting and successfully moved two channels to new channel numbers without issue. This would indicate that the issue is not the update, unless of course the update has had

an adverse effect on only your model of TV. (Unlikely).

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@daveyh64 @graygerman 

Was that successful Edit Freeview or Freesat? There may be a difference…

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Freesat, and there was No success editing, it was at this point just trying to restore the freesat lineup of channels which i have now succeeded with, editing was impossible after the update, i since still havent tried since restoring all channels i may have a go today.

No idea whats changed and yes the version update may be the same for other Sony tvs, but some even tho the same brand have different features to each other, nobody had touched it or altered anything in the settings so i really couldnt work out why all of a sudden the channels all moved for no reason, was very odd.