Join now - be part of our community!

How to Change channel settings

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

How to Change channel settings

Hello, How can i change the order of which my channels are in please?, mob app not working its saying not allowed.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Hi yeah I only have Freeview so unable to experiment with Freesat Channel list edit.

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

@royabrown2 @daveyh64 

Ok, so, experimented by exporting channel list just now and used the Pc ver of Sony channel editor, rearranged how i want and imported back, successfully, job done back to how i want it, Freesat that is.

It is still showing 5000 channels on the General satellite tuner which is what the mobile app keeps wanting to connect to, i have tried removing the channels with both the editing app and within the tv settings itself, but on a reboot they reappear, at some point i think i tuned that in and then didnt use it because FTA satellites only provide a now and next in the epg and not a full schedule like freesat does,  be handy if anyone knew a way to permamently remove these without having to do a full factory reset.

Another though that springs to mind is - Has anyone ever found a way to backup the tv to a restorable image, in the same way you can android phones, tablets etc,  that would be amazing if we could actually create an image of our tv when fully installed, to be able to restore it if it all went wrong.  Highly doubt anyone ever has, but i dont know about other Sony tvs but this one has way loads of settings that have to be tweaked during an initial fresh install, can be quite time consuming lol.