Join now - be part of our community!

Juat bought a XG 9005 :)

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Juat bought a XG 9005 :)

Ive got a few questions if anyone can help :slight_smile:

1. I have a PS4 and an Nvidia Shield, the ps4 is just for gaming and the Shield for Streaming. Is there a particular HDMI socket each one would be best put into?

2. How do I l know when things like HDR etc are activated, Prime lists them as UHD HDR, so does it automatically activate HDR when I select a title with HDR in its listing? 

3. I currently have a HD subscription on Netflix, as the screen is only 49" is there any point in upgrading to their UHD subscription?  Do I need the upgraded sub to get HDR content too?

4. I am trying to bring all my Sony accounts together, I have PS4, Xperia XL, NW series mp3 player and now this TV.

Under my account, in Device Management, it lists just my PS4 and "HDTV/Blu-ray Disc Player" when I select Activate on HDTV option a box opens up and tells me to go to TV home page and enter the code which appears. But after 10 minutes nothing appears?

How do I get my phone and mp3 player listed too?

Thanks for any help forthcoming :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

1. If the PS4 is the standard one (not pro) you can connect it wherever you prefer. For the Nvidia Shield (being 4k hdr) the HDMI 2/3 are the only with full bandwidth

2. HDR is activated automatically (unless you change the setting) whenever an HDR signal is detected. You can check via action menu->image setting and on the right corner you'll see the HDR indication along with the image profile you selected (i.e. Cinema Pro HDR). Some of the setting are retained from the SDR profile some are changed (i.e. luminosity/contrast set to max)

3. You display is small, but since you have bought a 4kHDR it makes sense to activate the higher Netflix profile. HDR come along with 4k and you will enjoy it also in a small screen

4. do not know what you are trying to do